Are you looking for efficient drying technology? S&Ü develops high-performance drying systems for food or for wood. Our customers include, for example, forestry, sawmills, manufacturers of firewood or operators of wood gasifiers as well as the food industry. We support you in the design of your individual plant concept.
Drying plants for wood chips or sawdust
The HGT homogeneous dryer from S&Ü dries wood chips or sawdust automatically and with low dust levels. It is suitable for connection to any heat source, such as CHP waste heat or wood firing. The unit dries evenly to a specified final moisture content. The continuous passage of the wood chips through three drying zones ensures optimal aeration, prevents moisture pockets and enables high energy efficiency. You save manual rearrangement and intermediate storage of the products. Your wood chips are conveyed in throughput and optimally matched to the requirements of your wood gasifier. You save time. Your plant operates without interruptions.
Drum dryer for logs
The SHT drum dryer provides oven-dry and virtually splinter-free firewood. By regularly turning the logs over in the drum, a smooth, clean surface is created, which enables end users to burn the wood cleanly and conveniently. The SHT drum dryer is operated economically, for example, with waste heat from a biogas plant at a water supply temperature of approx. 90 °C. Forest-fresh logs from 20 to 50 cm in length dry evenly within approx. five days without the formation of moisture pockets. You save storage costs compared to conventional drying methods.
Vacuum dryers for food
Vacuum drying is ideal for heat-sensitive drying products such as food. A vacuum reduces the pressure around the product to be dried. This lowers the boiling point of water and allows moisture to evaporate and be extracted quickly even at lower temperatures. The result is highly effective drying.
The S&Ü vacuum dryers prove their worth in the food industry thanks to their hygiene concept. They have large openings for cleaning and are round in design to prevent the formation of deposits that are difficult to remove. The vacuum dryers are easy to maintain and can be partially dismantled.
In close cooperation with customers and science, S&Ü develops practice-oriented drying systems. Our new development enables the decentralised production and supply of uniformly dry wood chips and sawdust up to 40,000 m³/a.
Components of the robust drying plants:
Moving floor container
– Variable volumes between 40-80 m³
Scraper chain conveyor
– Electric drive, controlled via fill level sensor
– Particularly robust due to chain plastic guide on both sides
– Gebläseauslegung nach Anforderung
– Drying container with special air guidance
– Drying system with 3 zones:
1. preheating zone: preheating by moderate air circulation around the material
2. main drying zone: strong aeration of the material
3. rest zone: no aeration of the material, exclusive heat dissipation by natural convection
For your drying systems, you can obtain upstream drying units with blowers in various versions, suitably designed for your system.
Completely assembled or individually deliverable heat exchangers:
– Blower (radial/axial) as required, painted or galvanised design
– Control system integrated or controlled via separate unit
– Base frame as required
– Air outlet as required with downstream hot air distribution to one or more distributors
– Other air ducts
S&Ü stands for intelligent solutions for individual requirements in mechanical engineering. Together with our customers, we develop optimal system concepts for your conditions. Please contact us!
As a supplier of individual vacuum drying systems for industry, S&Ü designs dryers exactly according to your requirements. Here we present the drying process of an already realised vacuum dryer.
The extracted and chopped materials are filled into the feed hopper of the screw conveyor and from there transported into the drying container. In this tank, the water content of the materials is evaporated and, after filtering, condensed in a condenser. The condensate is collected in a collecting tank.
The heat required for drying is taken from a heating or steam circuit and made available to the process via a heat exchanger. The drying container is heated indirectly, there is no active ventilation of the drying material.
After the drying material is completely dried, it is transferred through a chute of a screw conveyor into a collecting container.
New BAFA funding programme for process heat utilisation
Are you planning a biomass plant? Your waste heat sources can be used for wood drying? Check out BAFA’s new funding programme (www.bafa.de/energieeffizienz_und_prozesswaerme):
- BAFA funding for energy efficiency in industry: With a funding rate of up to 55 percent, investment costs for process heat from renewable energies are supported. This applies, for example, to biomass plants where more than 50 percent of the heat is used for processes such as the production, further processing or refinement of products or for the provision of services – such as drying. (www.bafa.de/energieeffizienz_und_prozesswaerme/modul2)
Customer example of a drying plant
In the video you can see a production line developed by S&Ü for the preparation and drying of wood chips for subsequent wood-fired power generation.
For further information and advice on drying plants, please do not hesitate to contact us.